What We Do
The Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre Economic Development Company is a company established to:
- Promote economic opportunity.
- Attract new investment, helping secure and create employment opportunities.
- Support new development to diversify and refresh the Fylde Coast economy, to improve its GVA and prospects for residents.
In order to approach those three areas of work, five key priorities have been targeted in order to improve the area's economic outlook. These priorities include:
- The revitalisation of Blackpool
- The development of the energy sector
- Development of the Port of Fleetwood and Hillhouse International Business Park
- Development of the Blackpool Airport Corridor
- Blackpool Town Centre including the Central Station site
BFWEDC looks to promote inward investment into the Fylde Coast area however it can. By putting energy into backing, and providing support for, a number of key local schemes, a host of new investment incentives and government support packages have become available to businesses and the Fylde Coast community over recent years.
Schemes BFWEDC has been involved with have opened doors for a vast array of local businesses and groups, from major corporations to small enterprises, from private businesses to the general public, and spread across the area. We are always looking, though, for new opportunities to improve the economic and social environment on the Fylde Coast.
The EDC is pursuing six broad and often overlapping themes, in order to help address its key priorities:
- The visitor economy
- Infrastructure and strategic sites
- Key growth sectors (including energy, food and drink manufacture, digital and IT and advanced manufacturing)
- Business support and engagement
To find out more about what we do, please download our more in-depth introduction via the link to the right of this page.